Sunday, February 22, 2009

I will be with you; I will never leave you or forsake you. Joahua 1:5

This mornings worship service was amazing and emotional for our family. We had decided that today, at church, we as a family would go to the alter for Luke and pray for healing from his seizures. I need to back up the story 5 years or so. When I miscarried between Peter and Luke we went to church with Nate's parents one Sunday. The song we sang was "Here I am to Worship". The refrain goes as follows:
Here I am to worship,
here I am to bow down,
here I am to say that you're my God.
While singing, I heard God ask me if I would choose to worship and bow down to Him even during times of dispare. My answer to Him was yes. A year later, Luke was born and we took him to church with us the first time. This same song was sung during service. God reminded me what He had accomplished this last year with this precious child being placed into our family. Fast forward three years to last month. While I had to stay up with Luke all night to prepare him to sleep during his EEG I turned on the radio. Guess what song was playing? You got it, Here I am to Worship! God was once again reminding me that He is with us even as we walk this new unknown path of seizures. Back to today. The pastor was making the invitation for people to begin prayer. Our family grabbed hands to start to make our way down the isle to the alter. God beckoned us to the alter with the song that the choir sang, Where I am to Worship. God was confirming to us again ,with Luke's song ,that God has given him , that He is with us and we do not travel this journey alone. God is so faithful! We are in awe of His goodness. This all happened before we actually got to the alter to be prayed for. We are so blessed to have faithful friends and a church family that prays over us and carries us in prayer. Thank you to all who joined us at the alter for Luke.

1 comment:

Julea said...

Becky and Nate - we are holding you and Little Luke in our hearts and prayers. What an inspiring post - God is faithful and He will see you through this difficult time. We pray for healing and wisdom as you care for Luke. You guys are such an inspiration to us and we thank you for being honest with your struggles and joys.
We love you and your family!