Friday, November 28, 2008

"to the very day"

A while ago I was reading in Exodus 12:40 where the Israelites were leaving Egypt. The scripture stuck out to me " to the very day." Scripture says that the Israelites were in Egypt 430 years, to the very day, and then they left. That scripture was encouraging to me because it reminded me that the Israelites left Egypt on the day that God had prophesied about and He had the power to make it happen. He also had the power to bring Lydia home on the day of His choosing. Not a day earlier or not a day late. Since we have received our travel dates, this scripture has become even more precious to me. Nate and I will have the privilege of bringing Lydia home to our family the EXACT same day as Nate's parents did 39 years earlier when they brought Nate home,TO THE VERY DAY. That is amazing! That is something only The One True God could do. He did it just to amaze us. And we are in awe of Him and His goodness.

No comments: