Sunday, December 7, 2008

SURPRISE!

We went to the orphanage today with Henry. We were going to visit Lydia and drop off the donations, that you all so generously gave us but we also got to take Lydia home with us too! As I write this she is laying in the bed next to her Daddy taking a nap. It took us 45 min to get to her orphanage dodging all the motor scooters. We hen we got there we met the asst.director and she gave us water. She was excited about all the donations and opened the suit cases first. Then Henry took us to see Lydia. He told me going up the stairs that we could take her today. I was afraid that I was not understanding him with his broken English. But I heard right. I was afraid I would not recognize her but we saw her first and we knew it was her. She saw Henry and have him the look like " where have you been? I haven't seen you in a while" The care giver changed her clothes and when she was done put her on the ground. I thought she would walk to Henry since she knows him but she walked right over to ME. Lydia is very sweet. She is in shook but has not freaked out uncontrollable. It seems so surreal that after all this time we have her. Tomorrow we go to sign the papers for her to be officially ours and then we can post pictures!Thank you to everyone who is reading and praying for us.

2 comments:

Jmddtha said...

Hi Mom and Dad, We are so glad that you have lydia(All)!! We miss you a lot(Peter). We hope you have a fun time with lydiaAaron). Tell Lydia to start saying our my name(Noah). I hope you get the papers done quickly so so the adoption is final(Aaron). Mommy I want to give Lydia a hug and kiss(Luke). Tell Henry that the boys want to thank him for doing so much. (Noah) We all love you and hope you have a great time(All). Don't forget to buy our Christmas presents. (Noah).

Tonya said...

Congrats! I know you must be thrilled! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures! Enjoy Veitnam and have safe travels home!

Take care,
Tonya