Thursday, December 18, 2008

We are home! Detroit Rock City


O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.
Isaiah 25:1
We returned home on schedule Saturday night and was met by a wonderful reception of family and friends. It was a long flight back (24 hrs door to door). You truly appreciate being in the United States after being in a foreign country. It was difficult traversing the city with the 4 million plus mopeds whizzing around. We did appreciated not hearing the "please fasten your seat belts" instruction about every 25 minutes. Lydia did wonderfully on the plane and has bonded very well with Becky. She is still not sure about her new dad. Maybe he is just too tall. She loves her brothers and can say words like mama and dog. We discovered by accident that Lydia loves to eat Romen noodles. There are two things that she shows great excitment for, her mother and the "noodles." She obviously was fed noodles in the orphanage. It is nice to be able to give her something that she was used to in Vietnam, to make her more comfortable in her new home. As I am typing, Luke wanted me to share that he likes to play with her and share his toys. He also makes it very known that he is bigger and older than Lydia and that he will protect her. Luke also likes to color with Lydia and show her how to draw circles and lines and make the letter "L."

1 comment:

clarkmooretl said...

Hi,
My name is Tami Moore. I was given your blog by Jennifer Moore (my sister-in-law). I look forward to reading about your adventure. I too was adopted from Vietnam. I was 3 months old. My parents wanted a girl in their family of 3 boys :) Tami